FP File Organizer (Version 3.0) is a versatile two-window file-management utility designed for organizing large data sets (e.g., input and solution files for our programs, photographs, music collections,...). The program has several useful features:
Please contact us to obtain download information and a registration number.
- A clear and logical layout of controls makes it quick to learn and easy to use. There is no menu or toolbar. Navigation commands are grouped at the top while file-operation buttons occupy the space between the windows. Advanced features that are used less frequently are called from a popup menu.
- Icons and keyboard shortcut listings appear on the major control buttons.
- A unique Backup command makes it easy to coordinate code and documents between computers via a USB drive. The command copies files and replaces files only if the source has a more recent modification time. The user has the option to generate a text log of changes made.
- You can save frequently-visited directory locations and move back and forth between a sequence of directories.
- The directory/file list may be sorted by name, extension and date.
- Several advanced functions are particularly useful for data organization (e.g., create text listings of directory contents, determine directory sizes, copy full file paths to the clipboard, launch a terminal window in the current directory,...).
- You can define custom commands with pass parameters to run external programs.
- Double-click file names to run programs and batch files or to open document or media files in the Windows default program.
- Deleted files are saved in the trash bin for a user-specified number of days (even those removed from a USB drive).